Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Priorities

Hey y’all, did you miss me. You know…for those whole entire…two…days. Well, no need to fear, I’m back, though I carry news. It’s not major news or anything; I’m just saying that my posts may be, for the most part weekly. I’ll have other posts stuck in their too, but, in its essence, it’s a once/twice a week plan. It’s more for me than anything. Writing a blog takes enough time as it is, but to have an accompanying sketch everyday is even worse. I can make a picture in a day if I’m really into it, but I’m not always that way, so a few days would be more helpful for me.




Anyway, it isn't a sketch blog without a sketch to accompany it, so... onto the picture.



I usually have pupils that fill up the whole eye. Unfortunately, that doesn’t leave me much room to make emotions; regardless of how cute it is (It seems more like they’re trying to be cute when they do that anyway.) Thus I’ve been testing out size, and for the most part, I’ve been rather happy about it.



Usually I’d complain about hair from these drawings too, but I’m not to distressed by the hair on Eileen here. I’m happy about the fact I’m getting better at that too. Though since we're on the subject of hair, for the longest time, that fur that comes out on the left side of the snout drove me insane for quite a while. It's still not the best I feel I could do, but it's...tolerable.



Though, for the first time in a while, I’m not too pleased with the neck. I’m not sure why. I guess it could be too big or something…I don’t know.



Overall I’m pleased by my picture, and next time, I might even venture into *shudder* under the neck line…what horrors await beneath the shoulders of drawings. Time will only tell.




I’d complain more, but I’m a lot more confidant in my shoulder up on my characters than under that. When I show you characters with more body, I assure you, I’ll have some worries (and don’t even start me on hands. I'll give you many fun hours on why hands are terrible to draw.)



Live long and Prosper,

Pikachao



P.S I still do not know if I have a co-op blog partner, so don’t uncross those fingers yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment