Sunday, April 4, 2010

The best laid eggs of mice and men

Yay, it’s Easter again, and with Easter comes Easter eggs. That is a little confusing, the eggs, I mean. Here is the holiday representing Christ’s resurrection, and we celebrate it with…a bunny?...and…painted colorful eggs…that we hide? Man holidays just get more and more confusing the more I think about them.




But I digress



I’ll tell you what; I’ll be painting Easter eggs till I’m ninety four. I may not be the best at it (I believe it’s both the use of permanent drawing equipment, and the curved surface that makes it so difficult), but you know what? I don’t care about that, its fun.



So when it came time for us to paint them Easter eggs, I was happy (Please note that this was done on Saturday, but it seemed more fitting to post it on Easter.) I wanted to try something new. Enough of them “one color on each side and you’re done eggs” and I wasn’t even touching those “Dip them in dye and finish” eggs. No, I was going to be creative this year. I would be drawing faces. With Sharpie in hand, I attacked at each egg with great vigor (technically I did two eggs that weren’t faces, but those were boring.)

    
I would not say that the first egg was my favorite. I have that tendency to mess up on drawings, which is why I, like most artists, use a pencil. Unfortunately Sharpies are not known for their erasability, thus the heavy black lines under the eyes and the smear. You can’t see it, but I also added a little tail and ears for it, which I thought were about as good as the face. There was only one other egg that was really based off of my style, the others were just cartoonish faces (Oh crap, I just realized, you have no idea what my style is. My next post will take care of that.)

All of my eggs in one basket, the second on the left is my personal favorite (His name will be Mr. Smiley); the third one seems a little annoyed (and put off) by the yellow ones total and complete happiness. They’re all pretty much better than last year’s incarnations; I’ll be the first to admit that.





If you’re asking about the ones I did without faces, I was able to locate one of them in the picture, you can find it if you follow the big ol’ honkin arrow I put up for you. If you can’t see that, then you might just be blind.

I have reason to believe that the other egg is somewhere on the table, wandering the lonely desert of solitude.



Now Easter day has come, and, well, I guess technically gone away. The eggs have been found from their hiding places and I write this blog to you as I feast on Mr. Smiley over there (He tasted like delicious.) Oh Easter, you’re the third best excuse to munch on candy for breakfast. Now that all of the egg hunting has been completed,  I guess there’s nothing else to do now but eat my brand new army of peeps or another one of my egg children. Happy Easter everybody, may it be as full of sweets as mine has.


So long, and thanks for all the fish,
Pikachao

1 comment:

  1. Cool eggs dude! It looks like I AM the only one in the family that didn't get the artist's touch...

    ReplyDelete