Monday, April 12, 2010

Cats And Dogs

Ah, the age old question: Are dogs better than cats? The answer, yes. A million times over yes. Dogs are amazing creatures that bond with you, but when I’m at a friends house who owns a cat, I never see the cat. They avoid me and hate any contact with their owners. Now I know exceptions can be made for each side of the argument (Some cats like attention, just none that I’ve seen of course) but no matter how you slice it, dogs will always be better (I realize that I will not survive the next time I see my friends after this blog post though, but I stand by what I say.)




Oddly enough however, my preferences seem to switch when I draw them. I prefer drawing cats over dogs. I don’t know exactly why, but that’s how it works. I know that because of my dog I drew over the weekend.


It’s not that I hate it, by no means is that true, it just feels a little un…doglike. I believe that mainly comes from the snout, I could not get the snout long enough, and that was bothering me quite a bit, so it’s shortened. I guess it could be some short snouted dog species, but you know…It still bothers me.’


I did draw a body that, I must say, I am actually quite happy about. Albeit it’s not all that expressive or anything, but it looks natural. It’s a good step for being able to make working bodies, a thing which I’m nervous about attempting (I believe it’s more of a “I don’t want to ruin a good picture by adding a bad body to it” than a “I don’t want to draw bodies” mentality.)







I did actually doodle out a cat during German and English (don’t worry, I was doing it during times that I was allowed to…yeah…definitely) I was doodling a nose and the rest of the head went with it. I did it at the top of the page, so some of it’s head is missing.
Well it is a sketch


It’s pretty similar to my other, newer, artwork, but the hair I really enjoy. Of course I didn’t get to try the whole thing, as the top of the head is missing, but from what I did do, it’s an improvement. I also had her mouth open, which was…well semi-new. I’ve drawn mouths open, but most were more done from the forward facing pictures and the ones that weren’t were a little less…umm…what’s the word…I don’t know…a little less…that way?




An interesting thing to bring up is that only one of the characters I’ve drawn lately actually has a name. All the other ones are just people that have no thing about them except on art improvement. The character in particular is the one in last posts picture. Her name is Eileen. Yeah…just…thought that’d be an interesting tidbit.





I stand by my beliefs, dogs are better than cats…Unless I’m drawing pictures. I will never change my mind on that opinion right there (not the first part at least.)





Fleeing from the angry mob of cat lovers,

Pikachao

No comments:

Post a Comment