Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Late wake up call

Yes, this is late, I realize that. I had not one minute of Saturday to write this blog, much less post it. And Friday…well, let’s just say that Nintendo and The internet does not keep me very focused. Oh well, I got it to you now, didn’t I. which should be, I hope, no later than Monday. I’m still going with my once a week plan, this counts for the week I didn’t update on. I’ll still update again on Saturday.


…ummm yeah

Nothing

Much

To add…

Just go to the pictures already.



Amazingly enough, I don’t have much to show you during the two weeks that I promised you. I suppose it’s for a multiple amount of reasons. One is that I’m working on a project that I’d rather show you only when I actually finish it. The other is that I’m getting pickier of what I consider good art…so…I have exactly two pictures to show you…one I’m not the most happy with, but I digitized it, so I feel obliged to show it to you.





Alexandra DeMartin, revived from the character graveyards.



If you watch me on DeviantArt, then you have already seen this, and the next one as well. This is currently my Deviant ID at the moment, and I must say that I enjoy it very much. It’s probably the best digital work I’ve done…pretty much my whole art career. Admittedly, that is Huge or anything, but it’s enough for me to be proud of it. This picture also marked the first time (to be followed by all of my others) that I used basic shapes to form the head of a character. The only thing I don’t like about this picture at this moment are the ears. For some strange reason, the ears have been getting harder to do…meh, I’ll probably figure out why soon.





Penny “Pip” however, was not recently raised from the character graveyards. She’s actually relatively new. Also, for the information of all my friends who’ve seen this picture, it’s a Pokémon, a Pichu to be specific. Sure, it’s a rodent, but it ain’t no rabbit.



Meh, this one is a lot less balanced than the previous picture. There is some stuff I really like, and stuff I really don’t like.

First off, the stuff I like. The eyes, mostly with the color. I feel those eyes feel more realistic than my other eyes. Sure, they aren’t exactly the most realistic eyes in the world, but it’s good for now. The bandana was really nice too. I think my favorite part of it was the little tie-off on the back of it all. I was worried about it at first, but now I like it a lot. I guess the eyes are nice too. I feel the fur that stuck out didn’t look too bad either.



Now for the bad. First off, this has to be my worst shading I’ve done recently. It’s hard for the burn tool to appear on that yellow, so it’s not noticeable there, and everywhere it is noticeable, I think looks rather unpleasant. The face looks devoid of barely any emotion, she just looks…blank. The neck looks weird. My least favorite thing has to be, by far, the nose…well not so much the nose as the line thingy above the nose. The name of it escapes me, but so too seems to have been the confidence in my non snouted creations. That line bothers me greatly, I’ve already found a way to make that more flattering and I’ll show it to you when I actually apply it to a picture, but that doesn’t make this picture any less unappetizing for me.



Now I’m sure some may disagree with me, but I just have that need to point out all of my errors. It definitely has nothing, nothing at all to do with winning sympathy points…none at all…anyone who says otherwise is crazy.

Sorry if my post is short for two weeks (and two days) worth of pictures, but you’ll just have to deal with it, I’m writing this blog for myself just as much as I am for you, so…nyeh.



Look out, behind you, IT’S A TRAP,

Pikachao

No comments:

Post a Comment