Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hey, Guess what I've been drawing

I'll give you a hint
 It's a certain kid's cartoon that's becoming an internet sensation. If you don't know what it is yet, it's My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
Believe it or not, I actually do genuinely like it. It's not even a "liking it Ironically" kind of like, It's a good show. It was made by Lauren Faust, who either worked on most of the shows I grew up on (Powerpuff girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) or is married to the person who made them. (Craig Mccracken) I think two things that really make the show stand out are the characters (who are more than just sterotypes and are very likable) and the animation (which is absolutely superb.) As can be assumed, I'm really into drawing them.
Actually, drawing these characters has helped me draw a lot. First of all, my eyes no longer look both terrifying and ugly. The other major aspect it's helped me on is efficiency. I can currently draw on of these fellas in fifteen minutes if I don't take into account editing (The pictures I'm showing you are kind of old, so the same can't be applied to them, I was still getting into the groove) Also I'm finally taking advantage of all the benefits that plotting the picture out (circles, basic shapes, other guidelines) can give me. I've gotten a lot of practice with my digital art too. Before these pictures, I neglected my tablet and photoshop for a little, so practice was definitely needed I kind It's really helped out and I've even been able to apply it to other aspects of my art.
All in all, I say check the show out. You may be pleasantly surprised.
In other news, I'm back... If you didn't notice already. I'm going for a different approach this time, something that'll make me want to keep updating, as opposed to it just being a chore. I have a lot of pictures already done and show-able, so I shouldn't have an excuse for not doing an update.
(P.S Twilight Sparkle is best pony)

2 comments:

  1. Those look really fantastic! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! Austin finally updated!!! I still kind of want a "cutie mark" ever since we watched that show together. And, if I remember correctly, I think Applejack was my favorite. Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete